The mission of the Midlothian Independent School District Instructional Technology and Library Media Services Department is to empower all for a life time of learning.
impact academic achievement by supporting curriculum;
create an environment of engaging learning experiences;
foster collaborative opportunities for all stakeholders;
serve the unique needs of the learning community;
strive to be at the forefront of educational technology;
teach responsible digital citizenship;
provide an information commons where inquiry, knowledge, innovation, and creativity coexist.
1. Kindergarten and 1st grade students may check out one book each week. 1st grade students may check out two books each week beginning in the spring semester.
2. Students in grades 2-5 may check out two books per week.
3. All students may check out one extra book needed for research or projects.
4. Books are due two weeks after check out.
5. Students may renew a book multiple times unless the book is on hold or is in high demand.
6. Fines are not charged for overdue books if books are returned.
7. Books over two weeks overdue are considered lost and students will not be allowed to check out until the lost book is either paid for or returned.
8. If a book is paid for and then returned, a refund will be given if the book is returned in good condition and if the book is returned during the same school year.